Two exciting updates were released earlier this week here at FUGOO. Both are available now on the DOWNLOADS page of our website. Feel free to ask questions in the comments section below.
Speaker Update Software for MAC released
The FUGOO Speaker Update Software for MAC users is available for immediate download. Once downloaded and installed, this software allows you to update the operating software of your FUGOO Bluetooth Speaker. If you’re a PC user, we have a Speaker Update Software available for you as well, listed just below the MAC version on the downloads page.
The software in your speaker determines its functionality and its personality. Updates can add features, change the voice prompt language, or install new voice prompts and alert sounds to suit your taste.
The update process is pretty simple. Before starting, go to fugoo.com/downloads and download the appropriate update file. Then connect the speaker to your computer using the supplied USB cable and run the software. Follow the instructions to select the speaker and firmware file and then apply the update. After backing up the current settings, the new settings and firmware will be applied to the speaker.
At the end of the update process, the speaker is ready to use with its newly updated software.
FUGOO Firmware Update Version 1.00.27 released
This is an exciting announcement for us. Since we launched the product earlier this year, we’ve had a lot of great feedback from our growing community. Through reviews, social interactions, customer support engagement and personal communication. We’ve received a lot of great product update requests, which we love. We’re constantly on the hunt to make FUGOO better and to evolve the product. We believe this firmware update to be a great start to the evolution.
The FUGOO firmware update provides a ton of new control over the functionality and customizability of the speaker. See below for a full list of updates, improvements and new functionalities we’ve added with this software update.
- Added support for “Voice Prompt is Low” mode. Now, there are three different Voice Prompt modes accessed while powering up by also holding the + and – buttons. Each power up with these buttons held rotates between the three modes below.
- Voice Prompt is Normal – Volume level of voice prompts and tones played on speaker is set to volume level 10
- Voice Prompt is Low – Volume level of voice prompts and tones played on speaker is set to volume level 7
- Voice Prompts are Off – No voice prompts and tones played except for very few like Pairing Voice Prompt
- Improved “Volume Max” tone indication: it plays only one time now when Volume Up (+) button is “pressed and held” to get to maximum volume. Previously it would play continuously during Volume Up (+) “press and hold”.
- Removed “Volume Change” and “Volume Minimum” tones.
- Removed “Powering Off” voice prompts and tones played during following 2 timeout events. Timeout events are implemented to save your battery power when the unit is not used.
- Event 1: When the speaker is powered on and it is not connected to any source device for 15 mins.
- Event 2: When speaker is powered on and connected to source device and there is 1 hr of inactivity (no music played, no speakerphone mode use, no buttons pressed, etc.)
- Improved green LED indication during charging. Green LED now turns to solid GREEN when battery is fully charged.
- Added support for fast charging using a wider array of 3rd party micro USB chargers including many Apple chargers.
- Added support for auto-updating Speaker Battery icon indicator displayed on certain Apple products like iPhone and iPad.
- Added support for “Battery is one quarter” voice prompt. Now, there are total of 7 battery related voice prompts that could be played when user checks for battery status:
- Battery is full
- Battery is almost full
- Battery is three quarters
- Battery is half
- Battery is one quarter
- Battery is low
- Please recharge the battery (implies no charge left on battery and unit will be powered down at this time)
- Added support for battery notification using different blinking patterns on green LED when user checks for battery status. This is primarily to provide indication to users who have turned off voice prompts.
- Battery is full – Green LED blinks 6 times
- Battery is almost full – Green LED blinks 5 times
- Battery is three quarters – Green LED blinks 4 times
- Battery is half – Green LED blinks 3 times
- Battery is one quarter – Green LED blinks 2 times
- Battery is low – Green LED blinks 1 time
- Misc. Bug Fixes
In addition to the above listed improvements, we’re also excited to announce that through the MAC version of the FUGOO Speaker Update Software, you are now able to control the following functionalities of your Bluetooth Speaker:
- Change the Equalization mode of your FUGOO Speaker between “Normal/Bass Boost” and “Loud Mode”
- Enter new Bluetooth Device Name to use when pairing your FUGOO Speaker.
Again, we’re really excited to be releasing these updates. We hope you enjoy all the new functionalities available for your FUGOO Speaker.
Please use the comments section below to ask questions or let us know what other features you’d like to see for our next upgrade.